Our sustainability vision
We are committed to responding to the sustainability challenge. By developing and implementing a sustainability strategy, we are making it a collective responsibility.
We believe that profitable markets, healthy communities and environmental responsibilities are not competing interests; they are shared outcomes that closely align with one another.
We will add value for our stakeholders by:
- Helping our customers reach their own sustainability goals
- Increasing returns for your shareholders
- Creating a better place for your employees to develop and prosper
- Providing infrastructure which benefits the wider community and the environment.
We will achieve this vision by consistently applying four key qualities to our work and decisions:
- Commitment through collective responsibility to the delivery of enduring infrastructure
- Innovation in the design, construction and management of assets. We will strive to go beyond customer expectations to help them exceed their goals
- Integrity in how we work. We will embed sustainability across the Group as part of what we do.
- We will apply and build on our core values to ensure all our decisions, practices and behaviours demonstrate integrity and follow our ethical framework
- Durability of both our engineering solutions and business decisions. We will take a long-term perspective across our business operations and the assets we provide, own and manage, including the challenge of adapting to climate change.
Working together with our customers, investors and suppliers, we have developed a detailed roadmap which sets out how our businesses will help turn our vision into reality. Our roadmap addresses key issues in core areas, setting critical milestones for each.